Ravenstone with Snibston Parish Council provides local services. We strive to make Ravenstone and Sniston a better places to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
A meeting of the parish council will take place on Tuesday 30 November at 7.00 PM in the pavilion.
Posted: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:16 by Helen Chadwick
Footpath BOTAT O38, BOTAT O39, Spring Lane; Normanton le Heath, Ravenstone with Snibston, Packington
Leicestershire County Council Highways has agreed to a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order at the above location.
The Temporary Traffic Regulation Order will be implemented for public safety for Leicestershire County Council to prevent further damage and allow for repairs and maintenance.
An emergency Public Right of Way, Byway Open To All Traffic (BOTAT) and Road Closure are required on the 15th November 2021 for six months as follows: More »
- Footpath BOTAT O38 - Closed to ALL traffic except for private access, pedestrians, and equestrians from its junction with Spring Lane, Packington and Footpath M61, Normanton le Heath
- Footpath BOTAT O38 - Closed to ALL traffic including pedestrians, equestrians, and non-motorised traffic from its junction with Footpath M61, Normanton le Heath to its junction with BOTAT O39, Ravenstone with Snibston
- BOTAT O39 – Closed to ALL traffic including pedestrians, equestrians, and non-motorised traffic from its junction with Footpath BOTAT O38 and its junction with Ashby Road, Ravenstone
- Spring Lane – Closed to ALL traffic except for private access, pedestrians, and equestrians from adjacent to Hill Farm to its junction with BOTAT O38, Ravenstone with Snibston.
- Information on ro » Less
Posted: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 19:00 by Helen Chadwick
HS2 are working in partnership with Balfour Beatty VINCI and National Highways to undertake preparatory works which will require a one week closure of the M42 Motorway between junctions 9 and 10.
To complete these works safely and efficiently we will close the M42 motorway between junction 9 (Dunton Interchange) and junction 10 (Tamworth Interchange) from:
9pm on Friday 24 December (Christmas Eve) to 9pm on Friday 31 December 2021 (New Year's Eve). More »
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place over this period with advance signage in place to help remind motorists of the closure.
High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway for Britain. Balfour Beatty VINCI is working in partnership with HS2 Ltd and National Highway (formerly Highways England) to prepare for the construction of Marston Box, which is the bridge that will carry the HS2 line over the M42 motorway near junction 9 Dunton Interchange. The construction of the bridge is being carried out on land adjacent to the motorway before it is moved into position in winter 2022.
During the closure in December 2021 we need to undertake work, between junctions 9 and 10 of the M42 motorway, to prepare the ground which will enable us to slide the Marston Box bridge into position in winter 2022. The works we will complete, in the closure this year, will include:
- Removing the existing surface of the motorway where the bridge will be located.
- Installing construction materials to create the foundations and improve the stability of the ground to support the weight of the bridge.
- Replacing barriers and installing additional safety barriers.
- Removing and upgrading the existing drainage system.
- Installing a new surface to enable the motorway to re-open to road users.
Posted: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:45 by Helen Chadwick
Parish Council Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
- 07827 785836